Saturday, September 24, 2005

Breakfast Surreal

This story is sort of old already (the box of mini-wheats is already done!), but when I posted it last time it just didn't work!

So, without much further ado..

I bought some cereal when I moved to Saskatoon, the good stuff: shreddies and mini wheats. Now, I'm 23 and I am pretty keen on all these tricks these cereal companies do. "Collect 6.02x10^23 UPC's and we'll send you a FREE wristwatch!!!! FREE!!!" Yeah, whatever. Who's gonna take the time to collect them to claim a shitty prize? Not me.
I've had too many childhood dreams crushed by a cereal CEO. "Mom, we should get this cereal, it's got a cool prize!!!" Of course mom would try to tell me, but you can't reason with a 4 year old.

Anyway, when I saw the box, this is what I saw:




whoop de fucking do, a camera. I'm not collecting any UPC's.

So I went about a week before I actually looked at the box more carefully and I noticed:



Free inside? Fuck that; You've got to be kidding?
Right?

No, serious.
You're kidding?



Imagine the look in my eyes when I pulled the half-full bag out of the flimsy cardboard box to notice a shitty camera at the very bottom of the box.


What's next?
This?:



??