Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Lunch time reviews

As the summer comes to an end, so should my food supply. Last weekend I knew I needed groceries, but I really just didn't want to go. I decided to use some of this skill I have called "creativity" (and i suppose another skill that I have that allows me to eat anything, no matter how gross it is).
Anyways, this has inspired me to write about some of the more memorable lunches and suppers that I have had in the past two weeks.

It's Monday night and I should have got groceries, but we went to bp's instead.
Ordered an Extra buffalo chicken sandwich to go, and so it begins:

1/2 Buffalo Chicken Sandwich.
Hours old: about 14
Description: half of a buffalo chicken sandwich * half the fries = 1/4 the satisfaction.
Appearance: Perfect bun. Tomato was really gross.. looked like a sundried tomato; took those off. Lettuce was almost brown, looked like wet newspaper; I ate it anyways.
Impression: I felt like spicy food, and it hit the spot. Cooked it in a toaster oven so the fries and sandwich were pretty good, except that I burned the top of the bun.
Overall: 4/5

1/2 Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, part 2
Hours old: about 38
Description: half of a buffalo chicken sandwich * half the fries * 3x the age! = 1/24 the satisfaction.
Appearance: Kinda like the one the day before, more soggy though. The tomato was very disgusting, and i hammered those off quick. The lettuce was pretty gross yesterday, so i took it off today.
Impression: Not as good as yesterday. The fries were soggy, but the bun wasn't burnt. Gave me heart burn.
Overall: 4/5

2 single serving cans of beans, with crunched up crackers on top
Hours old: found the cans in my desk from eons ago.
Description: Regular, single-serving beans in tomato sauce. 225 ml * 2 cans = a whole fucking lot of beans. 2 cans, dumped into a tupperware conatiner, warmed up in a microwave with crunched up crackers on top.
Appearance: Looks like beans with crackers on top, in other words "very ghetto"
Impression: Pretty good actually, but in hindsight, I don't think I'd eat or recommend eating this many beans in one sitting. :S
Overall: 3/5

Chicken Nuggets
Hours old: about 14
Description: Six golden, white-meat, Superstore chicken nuggets reheated in a toaster oven, served with no-name mustard.
Appearance: Looks pretty good. Just like mom used to make!
Impression: Not bad, not bad. Mustard is a shitty dipping sauce.
Overall: 4/5

Hot wings
Hours old: about 14
Description: louisiana style hot wings from superstore
Appearance: Red wings (not detroit). mmm
Impression: tasty! Not too hot, but good. Tastes like fridge. Could be less greasy.
Overall: 3.5/5

Fried Rice Concoction
Hours old: about 14
Appearance: looks like shit.
Description: Basmati rice, Teriyaki chicken breasts, fried egg, corn (thanks Craig!!) and a bit of soya sauce (thanks Lindsay!!)
Impression: Tastier than it looks. Good, it better be; I gotta eat this shit tomorrow too!
Overall: 4/5

Beer and Apples
Hours old: Two beer dating back from when I moved to mcmoney, but the apples were pretty fresh.
Description: A Rickard's Red, a Rickard's Honey Brown, and two Red Delicious in a small bowl.
Appearance: Ah! Sweet nectar! And also my favorite: apples. Could there be anything better? definitely.
Impression: Rickard makes a good beer, it still tasted fresh considering how long it was sitting around the place! The apples were crisp and juicy. Surprisingly surprising!
Overall: 4.5/5

Fried Rice Concoction, Part 2
Hours old: about 38
Appearance: looks even more like shit.
Description: still Basmati rice, Teriyaki chicken breasts, fried egg, corn (thanks again, Craig!!) and a bit of soya sauce (thanks again, Lindsay!!)
Impression: Actually still good! The basmati rice has an enhanced flavor for some reason. Strange, no?
Overall: 4.3/5

Now, as the week comes to an end and all the food is eaten, and we're already in O.T.! Five seconds left on the clock; what kind of tricks am I going to pull out of my bag?

Tune in later and find out!!!


DW

P.S. Diet Dr. Pepper count this week: 10x 600 ml's

5 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Devoe said...

Tastes like fridge.

Haha. I love it.

You should see how ghetto I've been eating. Today I had grape kool aid and a cigarette for breakfast.

August 9, 2005 at 7:36:00 PM CST  
Blogger deedub said...

Today I had grape kool aid and a cigarette for breakfast.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

August 10, 2005 at 7:33:00 AM CST  
Blogger Anon said...

w3rd. i'm @ cmt again, bitch. (ps: its monday august 15 - 11:40am)

August 15, 2005 at 11:40:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL that's funny.

August 17, 2005 at 12:59:00 PM CST  
Blogger Natalie Devoe said...

You should update!!

September 21, 2005 at 3:59:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home