Sunday, May 15, 2005

Good shit

Well, I got my wisdom teeth pulled, and let me tell you.

First off, I got shown a video about the removal of the "third molars" or "wisdom teeth". Anyways, then i had to sign waivers for things that the surgeon or business would not be liable for, such as "Jaw breakage" or "damage to my existing teeth." I was kinda worried, but not at the same time. I asked the surgeon and he said he had never broken one jaw in his whole life.

Here is the best part;
First off, i started with some nitrous. The surgeon placed it over my nose and started a casual conversation.. you know, like "you go to school?" etc. Anyways, I breathed the NAWZZZ for a while, while he inserted my IV needle. I felt this cold sensation in my arm and asked what it was. it was apparantly just a saline solution at room temperature (which feels cold in a vein). Anyways, he's hit me up with the first bout of goods, which I think he said was pento-barbital. Apprantly 100 times more potent than demerol, so they use 1/100th of it. The benefit was that its effects do not last as long at that dosage. So anywyas, the conversation continued and i started feeling a buzz, like a "8 beer" buzz. I was pleased, but felt like passing out. Anyways, i just chilled for a bit and stumbled on some of my words. He then proceeded to hit me with some diazepam, which he said may hurt a bit. It felt like a dull pain in my veins. I could feel it working its way up my arm (the pain) and started to get really looped. That's when my buzz went completely off the beer-rating scale (probably like 20-30). I was blacked out.

I woke up after and I didn't even realize that i was out, and the doctor was just finishing up. He took out two roots and proceeded to stitch up the area. During the time, i was so looped off of all the drugs coursing in my veins, i started to smile when i saw the hook the used to stitch up the area. All-in-all, it was a good time. Afterwards, i got an ice pack, and a couple of prescriptions. One of which was a prescription for 14 hydromorphone HCL (awesome stuff)

Boy is having your teeth out fun!

When we went to fill my prescription, some guy was creating a scene with his young daughter, throwing out some f-bombs (about 3) and then sitting on a bench. I, being looped still, looked back in disgust at a 30 year old man acting like a 12 year old towards his 6 year old daughter. He piped up to me "what the fuck are you looking at, buddy." I sure as fuck wasn't his buddy, but i turned back and mockingly sneered at the son-of-a-bitch. I didn't even care, I was floating on clouds!

I wish I had two wisdom teeth on the top that i could get extracted on a later date; Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home